.

Monday, January 21, 2019

The Muse Of A Nurse In 1916 –

It was overtaking to be an ordinary afternoon, the 7th of July 191 6_ Ever since It was declared that war had begun on the 28th of July, the whole country had been busting and screaming at the thought of the combat. roughly men were Jumping at the idea of volunteering, bragging about their long suit and how it will all end by Christmas. I would have care to have thought that, but I simply didnt have the luxury. My begin was 47 too old to be enlisted. He was married anyway, so he couldnt.The war had been on-going for little less than 2 years. A letter came through the post this morning addressed to me, but I had unheeded to read It, as I had to be at the local infirmary to tend to some accidents that had occurred on the railway. By the time I got back, I was itching to read it. I had to do chores first, however, before I could until now look at the letter. Ironing, feeding the chickens and pigs, pulling up the potatoes, checking Jimmy hasnt range his knees alling out of the tre e and then cleaning out the hay in the stables.It took about three hours, which was infuriating. To top it all off-key, Jimmy insisted on acquiring yet another demonstration on how to climb the oak tree. Hes precisely 9, bless him, and he Just cant seem to get the adhere of keeping the strength in his arms and wrists. Jimmy, I dont really want to do this right now I told him, trying to pry him off my hip. He was about half my size, since hes 9 and Im 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment